To apply for a Speech-generating Device using the STAP application Form 3907, a speech pathologist (SLP/speech therapist) needs to fill out pg 3-4 to certify your need.
Here are some Speech therapist familiar with STAP by area:
- Allen: Sandy Dorf at Bilingual Speech Pathology Services
- Dripping Springs: Lesli Bassford at Creative Therapy Solutions
- Houston (Bellaire): Betsy Furler at EasterSeals/Bridging Apps
- Houston: Le John
- Houston/Sugarland/Missouri City/Fulshear/Katy: Valintean Pennick at Houston Corporate Speech Pathology
- Conroe/Montgomery: Sarah Lea at Babel Therapy
- Houston/Kingwood: Melanie Johnston & Clare Zeagler at BRITE Success, LLC
- Tyler: Amy Day at Speech Language and Auditory Learning
- Houston: Jenny Matt at Speak for Yourself
To apply for other equipment covered by STAP using the STAP application Form 3906, one of these professionals need to fill out pg 4 to certify your need.
- Licensed hearing aid fitter and dispenser
- Speech pathologist
- Licensed social worker
- Physician or advanced practice registered nurse
- State-certified teacher of blind and visually impaired, deaf and hard of hearing, speech impaired, or special education
- DARS rehabilitation counselor
Here are some STAP Specialists by area:
- Abilene: Disability in Action
- Corpus Christi: Deaf and Hard of Hearing Center
- Dallas: Julie Maher at Deaf Action Center
- East Texas: Mickey Bailey or J Gibson at ETCIL
- El Paso: Dolores Ituarte-Valenzuela at VCIL
- Fort Worth: Leslie Kilton at Deaf Action Center
- Grand Prairie: Annette Wilson at Sign Language Communication
- Houston: Sonia Khurana at Sorenson.
- Houston (Southwest): Darla Connor at HCIL
- Tyler: Deaf and Hard of Hearing Center
Link to the STAP Specialist official list.