Tips for Searching
If you need help finding items that your voucher pays for, here are a few ways to search in our SHOP:
- Search products by Out of Pocket cost – then you don’t have to do any mental math!
- Search by Voucher Category, Name Brand, or Product family – scroll to the bottom of this page and click “Phones”, “Tablets”, “Apple”, or other categories
Why is the voucher $699 but the Equipment Values are all $625 or less?
Every year, STAP looks at the price of items for sell that meet the criteria for each category, and they determine how much each category is eligible for.
- In 2020-2021, vouchers for “Two-way Texting Devices” were eligible for $699.
- But in 2021-2022, vouchers for “Two-way Texting Devices are eligible for $625.
Currently, the rules for 2021-2022 are interfering with the rules from 2020-2021. Although vouchers for $699 were issued under the old rules, the spending is being limited by the Equipment Value limits of $625 or less for all items.
After 11/14/2021, vouchers will be issued for $625, so some of the confusion will be resolved.
- Items with an Equipment Value of $625 will be able to use the full $625 voucher value.
- But items with a lower Equipment Value will still only be able to use part of the voucher value.
When we receive your order, we order the item for you from our retail source… we usually get everything within 3 days.
- If you plan to pick it up in Friendswood, our appointment calendar only shows appointments 4+ days in the future, so schedule as soon as place your order… because tomorrow, the calendar will only show appointments 4 days in the future so you will have to wait longer.
- If you paid for delivery by mail, we will mail it the next morning after we receive it from our retail source. You will get a shipment notification from USPS with the tracking number. We ship it by USPS Priority mail with Insurance + Restricted Signature Delivery… which means only the person who is listed on the voucher can accept delivery from the mail person.
Can my voucher funds pay for shipping?
Nope. STAP voucher funds can only be used for 1 device – no shipping, no accessories, nothing extra.
What if I miss my delivery?
You have 2 choices if you miss your delivery:
- Go to your local post office to pick up the package tomorrow.
- Go to redelivery.usps.com to tell USPS what day to bring your package to you again.
Prices according to the STAP Vendor contract are 125% of MSRP.
So our prices are 25% more than the prices listed by Apple, Lasered Pics, or any other vendor we order from. But we have capped that markup at $200… so if an item is $800+, the price will be less than 125% of retail.
This is our profit, since we are purchasing all the items, combining them on the voucher, following the STAP rules, and waiting for the funds.
“Upgrades” or Going over the voucher value
If your choice exceeds the value of your voucher, STAP rules allow you to pay the “upgrade” cost.
Download the STAP Equipment List to see if a new communication app for the iPad has been approved (Check category on the voucher such as “SGD L1″=Speech Generating Device Level 1, Two-way Paging Device, etc.)
Vendors who carry other categories
We need to receive your order with more than 14 days before the voucher expires.
If you are not able to redeem your voucher before it expires, you need to ask HHSC to send a new voucher with 6 more months for you to get your order placed.
You can request the new voucher by emailing Bryant Robinson (Bryant.firstname.lastname@example.org).
Change of address
If you order your device by mail, we MUST ship it to the address on the voucher. If you have moved, send your new proof of address and your voucher info to Bryant Robinson (Bryant.email@example.com) request a replacement voucher with your new address.
Warranties and Insurances
Apple has the best customer service in the world, and officially calls their 1-year warranty AppleCare.
If you buy an iPhone through us, you will receive a copy of the Apple receipt, and you can use it or the phone serial number to communicate with Apple at any local Apple Store.
We try to buy all our iPads at Best Buy, where we are able to get AppleCare+ coverage for 24 months for you for free.
If the iPad is out of stock at Best Buy, then we order through Apple and it does not come with the AppleCare+ Protection Plan for free. In that case, you would be able to purchase it directly from Apple within 60 days.
If you want to be sure you get AppleCare+ with your iPad, be sure to add it on to your order. If we are able to order from Best Buy and get it for free, we will refund this portion of your purchase.
Samsung Phones & Tablets
Samsung provides a manufacturer warranty for 1 year.
We try to buy all Samsung phones and tablets at Best Buy, where we are able to get Best Buy Protection for 24 months for you for free.