STAP Process for Speech-generating Devices
This page is the application process if you have a speech impairment WITH upper mobility or cognitive impairment and need both a device and a Speech Generating app.
If you have a visual impairment, a hearing impairment, or a speech impairment, and only need a device (no SGD app needed) go to staptx.com/apply
- Print out HHSC STAP Speech-generating device application Form 3907. (If you have trouble viewing this PDF, use this link)
- Fill out page 1 with your information
- Attach your proof of residency.
- Select the category of your Voucher:
- If you are speech impaired but can use your fingers, select “SGD Level 1”.
- We provide a combination of an Apple device + an iTunes app as a SGD Level 1.
- If you are speech impaired and need switch access, select “SGD Level 2”.
- We do not provide any items that qualify as SGD Level 2.
- If you are speech impaired and need eye gaze access, select “SGD Level 3”.
- Review other SGD items on the list such as SGD Moisture Guard, Mount, and Keyguard.
- More info on Voucher Types & Decriptions.
- Complete the application with a Speech pathologist to certify your disability. (List of professional available in your area)
- Mail the completed application + proof of residency to STAP, P.O. Box 12607, Austin, TX 78711.
- If you have not received the voucher in 2 months, email HHSC (firstname.lastname@example.org) to follow up on your application.
- Once you receive the voucher, place order for a Speech-generating Device combination.